Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 1-2hrs
Chilli and beer 🍻. What more is there to say? I like this variation of chilli for its sweetness, and because it’s meat-heavy. AND, it’s so easy to make. Add a little tomato paste or ketchup if you have it, to help thicken things up.
Feeds 7 hungry people.
- 800g minced beef
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1 large can white (or red) kidney beans (796ml)
- 1 large can plum tomatoes (796ml)
- 1.5 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 can Moosehead beer (or any beer, really)
- Coriander (for garnish)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the meat and onion together in a large pot. For extra flavour, finely chop and add coriander stalks. Drain fat.
- Add chocolate chips, spices, tomatoes, and beer. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, leaving lid slightly ajar, for more than 1hr. Stir occasionally, until the chilli becomes thick.
- Serve over rice, with shredded cheese and coriander leaves.