Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
I usually fail with fried rice recipes. Until now. We had a lot of leftover rice, and I was feeling particularly lazy. So I came up with this easy blend of ingredients to make a quick dinner. The picture doesn’t look particularly appetising. But I promise that it’s got a lot of flavour. And it was a good way to dose the kids full of vegetables.
Feeds 7 hungry mouths, with second helpings more most.
- 4 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 bell pepper (green, red, yellow, orange, whatever), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter
- A little oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat a wok or deep frying pan on high heat.
- Scramble your eggs in a little butter and remove. Let cool.
- Start cooking your onion, carrot, pepper, and garlic in a little butter (approx. 1 tbsp) and oil. Toss in the peas towards the end (don’t overcook). Add a little salt and pepper to your liking.
- Make room in your wok/pan for the rice. Melt at least 1 tbsp butter, toss in the rice. Combine all ingredients.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir.