Prep time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
This is a super quick and easy recipe. I’d like to say that it’s the perfect mid-week meal, but I make it all the time. The kids love it. Under normal circumstances, I would include other vegetables as toppings (e.g. red peppers, red onions, coriander, etc.), but all I had was carrots… Best served with a little Sriracha sauce to spice things up.
Feeds 7 hungry mouths.
- 800g pork mince
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 3 nests, vermicelli noodles
- 1/4-1/3 cup, Hoisin sauce
- 1-2 sesame oil
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Bring a full kettle of water to boil.
- Begin cooking the pork in a frying pan on high heat, tossing in the ginger and green onions once the meat starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, break vermicelli nests in half. Place in heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let stand 3 mins (no more).
- Drain noodles and rinse thoroughly in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Toss noodles in the bowl with sesame oil.
- Once the meat is browned, mix in the Hoisin sauce and boil down until slightly thick.
- Serve pork over the noodles. Top with your favourite garnish.