Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
This is a simple but tasty stir-fry, whose ingredients can be substituted with whatever takes your fancy. I roasted the broccoli, because I wanted a fresh meal with different textures and tastes. The sauce was simply poured over every individual serving. The method is a little unconventional, but somehow it seemed easier to make. And the family devoured it. Best served over rice.
Feeds 7 hungry mouths.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, to thicken
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Chop broccoli into small chunks. Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay evenly on baking tray and bake for approx. 30 mins until crispy and almost burnt.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients in a jar with lid. Shake well and set aside.
- Chop carrots, pepper, and onions. Stir-fry these vegetables for a few minutes in a little olive oil.
- Serve broccoli, carrots, pepper, and onions over rice. Drizzle with as much sauce as you like. Enjoy!